Saturday, September 10, 2005

Orientation & such


Those of you who have been bugging me for pictures of my house will have to forgive me. I seem to have left the cord that connects the camera to the computer at home. I will have mom send it soon. I had orientation on Thursday. It was really long and pretty boring until we met the people in our program. There are 12 other kids besides me; Eleven of them are chicks. They all seem pretty cool as of now, but you never know! The head of my program is really great. In case you didn't know it's a collaborative Health Communication program between Emerson College and Tufts Medical School. Basically, I'll graduate with a degree from Emerson, but I got a sweet student I.D. from Tufts that says "Medical Graduate Student" on the bottom :).

On the Emerson side I get to do this great consulting project with any healthcare organization in the Boston area. That project kinda counts as my thesis. It's basically like another GLC (ask me about glc if you don't know what the hell i'm talking about) project but w/o the groupwork. That's at the end of my program though.

After our director explained all that jazz, we went to our first class (Introduction to Clinical Medicine). Our prof. was great, and class was really interesting. I also found out that towards the end of the semester I get to go to the Gross Anatomy Lab (a.k.a. the Cadaver lab!!). I have to keep a pretty high G.P.A. to keep my assistanceship so I'll be spending most of my time doing homework. That's not really a big stretch from my usual school routine so I should be fine.

Thanks to everybody so far who's been super supportive of my big move: I love and miss you all!

The weather today (Sunday): Partly cloudy and 70

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home