Thursday, September 15, 2005

I found it!

(The ocean, that is.)

So on Monday Rachele and I decided to take a field trip to the ocean. It only takes an hour to get there from our apartment, which is not too bad considering we're riding the T the whole time. The beach we went to wasn't very glamorous, but I was paying more attention to the water than the sand. The water was really calm when we arrived, as you can probably see in the picture.
It was a tad chilly but it felt wonderful to have the sand between my toes!

I called my folks to brag that I was wading in the water. While on the phone with my dad, I placed the receiver near the waves and asked him to guess what the sound was. He said, "it sounds like a toilet." I laughed so hard I almost dropped the phone. Mom replied to a similar phone call with "Oh thanks a lot, I'm at work and you're in the ocean." We didn't get to swim b/c we couldn't find a place to change, but maybe next time. I plan on making the trip quite often, as I have never seen the ocean in the winter.

I started my Emerson class yesterday. This whole graduate thing is going to be a lot of work! :) I also started my assistanceship, which turns out to be pretty great. My grad program is assisting the city of Somerville on this huge health initiative so helping with that. Right now I'm just interviewing a bunch of people.

I'm still looking for a part-time job, and I have a few interviews at the end of the week. One of them is too funny to mention, unless I actually get the job. In that case, I'll tell you guys all about it!

The weather: 73 and T-Storms. Right now it's pouring b/c of Ophelia. My first of many rainy days in Beantown.

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Myasorubka said...

Hey there! I just accidentally scrolled through to your blog. I grew up in Marblehead, MA, which is just 20 miles North of Boston. It's a beautiful little town, and a fun place to check out on a weekend when you feel like exploring. To get there, you can take the T, the blue line all the way to Wonderland, then hop on a 441 or 442 bus all the way to the end. The bus trip will take about 40 minutes but it lets you out at Fort Sewall and it's worth it. Actually you might want to double-check the bus info since I haven't done it in a few years but it didn't change once in the 14 years that I lived there...

Good luck with your grad program! Boston is a great place to be a student.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Gem said...

just in case you want to go to Marblehead... hehe. The ocean looks very nice :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home