Thursday, March 30, 2006

Neither a borrower nor a lender be.


I went to listen to one of my old favorite CDs today, it was GONE. I lent it to someone who I can't remember, and now it's gone forever. Then I proceeded to go through my CD and DVD collection to ascertain what else was missing. I realized that a good chunk of my most enjoyed possessions were missing. Had I been robbed??? NO. I've been NICE. "How have I been nice?" do you ask??? Well when I particulary enjoy something such as a book or CD or DVD i'll recommend said item to a person, and often times lend it to them. For some reason, such people seem to think that the word "LEND" implies that i'm GIVING said item to them. There's a reason it's called LENDING folks, because I'd like my shit back.
So do me a favor.
Look on in your closet. Is one of my t-shirts in it? Look on your bookshelf. Is one of thebooks/CDs/DVDs that I lent you there? If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, GIVE IT BACK!!!

In the future i'm going to start asking for collateral.
"Can I borrow this DVD?"
"Sure, if I can borrow your cell phone, or YOUR SOUL."

1 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I say take their souls. Souls are good with mustard. Trust me!! HEHEHEE.

Peace from deh pirate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home