Monday, March 06, 2006

sick sad world


I hate posting sad blogs, but that just kind of the way it's shaping up today. A lot of things are going on. Things that aren't too wonderful I'm afraid...
First, South Dakota's abortion ban. Word on the street is that it won't make it to the Supreme Court, let's hope so.
Jason and Elaine had to put their cat Mavi down. They are both really upset about it, he was like their child.

My aunt is dying. The doctors said that there isn't anything more they can do for her. My brother and I went up on Saturday to say goodbye to her. It was terrible. A lot of my family was there with us which was good, but didn't make it any easier. She was put in hospice today so now we just wait. My mom is teetering on the edge of tears from moment to moment and I absolutely hate it. I'm just trying to do whatever I can for her. We are just feeling kind of blah.

I remain a jobless bibliophile. I've been completely engrossed in this young adult book, and this lovely piece of twisted experimental prose has had me reading non-stop for two days.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Gem said...

Du courage, y un abrazo.

(hope you like the multilanguage 'thinking of you' card)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home