Thursday, May 04, 2006

the trouble with Tom

J.J. Abrams, Felicity, Joey Potter and the Mission Impossible theme song.

What do all of the above have in common? They have been tarnished by association with Tom Cruise. I despise this man. His whole baseless scientology bit is insane. His ideas about depression and medicine in general are laughable. He plays the same character (basically) in every movie: jerk. Let's review...
M.I.: Hero jerk
Jerry Maguire: sporty jerk
Risky Business: pimpin' jerk
War of the Worlds: i'm getting attacked by aliens JERK
Rain Man: gambling brother jerk
Interview with the Vampire: Jerk vampire
the Last Samuri: the jerk white guy who saves all the poor asian people with his mastery of martial arts and swordplay
the Firm: Lawyer jerk
Top Gun: Pilot jerk
Days of Thunder: Racecar driver jerk

That's all of the movies i can think of off the top of my head. Maybe I can get Jennifer Garner to kick his ass. She would do it. Syndey Bristow can do ANYTHING.

3 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Erin said...

SWEET!!! I am so glad that someone else hates Tom Cruise as much as I do. ROCK ON!!!!

Peace from deh pirate

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man! I HATE Tom Cruise!! I like your list of movies he's been...it's so true and I never really thought about it until now!

Oh, and hey...instead of stalking you I actually posted a comment! :)

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour de Wisconsin!

Tom was also in Magnolia, which is a great film. However, guess what? No, he didn't play a jerk. He was an enormous a-hole! Huge, awfu, king-of-the-world-jerk. Woman hater, too!

Watch the film if you haven't already. C'est Bon!

Au revoir,

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home