Friday, October 21, 2005

All the leaves are brown...


Ok so the leaves aren't exactly brown, but that's the only fall-ish related song lyric that I could think of.

This afternoon Kat and I went down to Boston Common to carve pumpkins. Tomorrow is the big pumpkin festival on the common, and the goal is to break the world record of consecutively lit jack-o-lanterns. Last year there were 16, 452 lit and they didn't break the record. They are going to light them tomorrow night, so I think we're going to go down and see that.

There was a huge tent with a few hundred people helping out. It was kind of like an assembly line - some people cut the tops, some got the guts out, some carved. Kat and I gutted and carved the pumpkins (the messy job). Between the two of us we contributed 6 or 7 :).

There's a picture of me and one of my little pumpkins. They had us carving hearts into them because those are going on this huge scaffolding thingy, it's going to look really cool all lit-up.There were pumpkins pretty much everywhere, it was quite enjoyable.

Oh! So for the past month or so our living room furniture consisted of two lawn chairs and a kind of recliner type thing. We've been debating the futon purchase but we're all to cheap to do it. While Kat and I were walking to the T we saw this futon outside of a used furniture store. We went in and talked to the guy and he told us he'd knock down the price and deliver it to our house if we'd pay cash and take it today. To make a long story short, it's now happily sitting in our living room! Yea! This also bodes well for Zach and other future visitors who won't have to sleep on the floor! Tomorrow Rachele and I are going to see the Head of the Charles Regatta, so I hope it doesn't rain!

This is the gigantic scaffolding with some of the pumpkins on it - all of the heart shaped ones. I'll put a picture on later of it all lit up!

In other news I got a sweet deal on my plane tickets for X-mas time, so ya'll (yes i just said ya'll) had better plan on spending some quality time - I'll be home for about three weeks.








There's Kat carving one of her pumpkins :)

1 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Zach G said...

Baby, if you think I'm sleeping on a futon you've got yourself fooled! I will be in your bed and i expect a back rub every hour. I am not flying all the way to Boston and not getting any before my long trek into South East Asia... hahaha.... don't make me mail you a box of shit too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home