Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Peace out Boston.

This is my last post as an improper Bostonian. On Thursday i'll be headed home to my family and friends. I wanted to take a moment to wax poetic about my time in Boston, so if you don't enjoy my sentimental rambling, don't read on.
(To the left is Rachele, holding the very appropriate Xmas present she gave me.)

I'll miss the sight of the Charles & the city between Kendall and Park Street, but I won't miss the smell. I'll miss the people in my program, but not the East Coast attitude. I'll miss my room in my apartment, but not the sound of the Saturday night raves our upstairs neighbors sometimes had. I'll miss the variety of activities, but not the cost of them. I won't miss living next to the ocean because I can't see, smell, or hear it. I'll miss my PCP and her staff (they were amazing), but not my repeated hopsital visits.

In all honesty, I'm so glad that I came here. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world. In some cases, people have to move far away to realize that they are independent. In my already stubbornly independent case, it helped me realize how much I need the people I care about. I feel pretty brave for moving across the country all by myself, and I did pretty much everything I wanted to do while I was here. I'm excited about whatever I'll end up doing next. The best part about the future is that you never know what is going to happen :)

With that being said, I'm ready to GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE! Peace out Boston, I'm going home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home