Sunday, December 11, 2005

Hang in there Rita baby.

What a week, Murphy's law certainly has been doing a number on my life, and the lives of those around me. Last night, I found out that Aunt Rita had had a seizure, and was bleeding internally. They brought her into surgery but her blood pressure kept dropping. Mom was all upset because she couldn't be there, and she could't give Aunt Rita her bone marrow. I think most of us were up most of the night worried about her. I guess they stabilized her B.P. this morning, but I don't know what's going to happen. My mom is driving to the clinic as I type. I hope that she's ok. Like most of the women on my Mom's side, she is incredibly strong. It's so frustrating because she just can't get a break. I guess I have to have peace with the fact that she has some of the best doctors in the country doing everything they can for her. I wish I was at home with my family.

On Friday, I came down with a migraine (not surprising with the week I've had). I went to my PCP and she gave me meds, but they didn't help. They took me in an ambulance to the hospital. In between the time I arrived at my PCP and the time I got into the ambulance, about 8 inches of snow had accumulated and most of Boston had been under what could best be described as a white out. It took us 30 minutes to travel 3 blocks and the ambulance was sliding all over the road. It's the first time I had been more scared that I was going to die from being in the ambulance than my medical problem itself. To make a long story short, they shot me full of drugs that stoped my vomiting and headache, and I'm fine(ish) now.

This next week HAS to be better.

1 Comments:

At 2:09 AM, Blogger Gem said...

Good luck for a good week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home