Monday, November 07, 2005

it's fall (for a few days at least)


These are not my shoes in case you were wondering. This weekend on Boston Common they had an art exhibit that had all of these random shoes out (see other picture). They had a whole section of boots representing the over 2,000 members of the military that have died in Iraq. There were other groups of shoes representing Iraqi citizens who have died to date.

I know it sounds kind of weird, but it was actually really sad. I wasn't sure at first if these were the actual shoes that belonged to people, but then after I thought about that it didn't make much sense.






All of the military boots are in this picture. Some of them had stories about the soldiers that were written by their families.


You can kinda see the leaves changing, it's really pretty. I like it best when they all turn red.


In other news: I got an A on that huge midterm paper! Hurray I don't have to drop out of graduate school! (For those of you who don't know, if I get a B- GPA they take away all my money and i'm pretty much done for.)

1 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Zach G said...

Did you see any good pairs? I could use a new set of Chacos! I can't wait to see you Nybor!! I'll be there very very soon! I drove to Dayton to practice getting to the airport and it only took me like 40 minutes (but I was driving 90mph!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home